My ADVENT Calendar 2014
This year, not only I am doing December Daily® again (and I received my DD kit last week - it is AWESOME), but I thought I would make our own Advent Calendar. Damien and I love Advent Calendars, especially for all the little surprises inside each boxes, so it's a scrappy Advent Calendar for grown-ups!
To create this BIG calendar, I used :
- a wooden house from a French supplier
- cardboard boxes (can be handmade or cut with your Silhouette)
- Studio Calico PARK AVE. SCRAPBOOK KIT
- Studio Calico PARK AVE. PROJECT LIFE® KIT
- Studio Calico RITZ add-on
- Studio Calico HELMSLEY add-on
- Studio Calico WALDORF add-on
- Studio Calico LENOX HILL add-on
- Studio Calico GRAND CENTRAL add-on
To get started, I decided to cover the entire OUTSIDE of the house with white acrylic paint, and keep the wood from inside of the house intact. I then sprayed the white paint on the edges, just to get a white coat to whiten up the wood.
Then I selected all the cute Christmas papers and embellishments I wanted to play with and started cutting my papers for all my boxes.
Once I glued the papers on one side of each boxes, I could embellish each of them with my handpicked items!
Once the white paint coat is dry, I added a layer of that gorgeous Martha Stewart Acrylic paint on my house.
Some of the boxes are pretty simple, with a few embellishments, while some other have more techniques like embossing, misting or a mix of these.
Now, I'm off to prepare my December Daily® now! :)